Founded by the diocese of Fort Portal, Jubilee Radio 105 FM-“The Joy of the Family” is a faith-based yet commercial radio serving both the spiritual, material and economic needs of every family. Jubilee Radio is but a fruit of the Social Communications office of Fort Portal Diocese.
“To broadcast content that educates, informs and entertains, hence inspiring individuals and families.”
“To evangelise every individual in the family through our unique programming, serving as the voice of every individual and family.”
Jubilee Radio “The Joy of the Family” was officially opened on 12th April 2014 a few weeks after it hit the airwaves.
It was established by the Catholic Diocese of Fort Portal as a tool of its work of evangelization, to serve as a private public media in support of the civil society organizations in their efforts to holistically transform the entire community.
The radio offers unique programs which are both spiritual/pastoral and social/secular presented by professionally trained and competent personnel.
Jubilee radio focuses on a holistic development of the community and a full transformation of the human person physically, spiritually, politically, socially and intellectually bearing in mind that every human being has a right of access to correct, relevant and reliable information at all times. Thus the basic transformation of society is done with a modern touch and from a christian perspective.
– To support the pastoral and evangelization programmes of the diocese
– To promote education and health programmes
– To create creativity, research and innovation among the youth
– To unite communities and invite them to forget “past wounds and injuries” and to work together for regional and national development
– To promote a culture of democracy and the practice of “mature” politics free from any form of discrimination, bias or prejudice
– To free some people’s minds from superstitions caused by ignorance and diseases
– To promote the proper and moderate use of the available resources and empower communities to be self-reliant
– To support government programs by disseminating timely and relevant information
– To be a model media house for training and consultation
The Jubilee Radio team constitutes of professionally trained personnel who are gender balanced for balanced program broadcasting. Technically, Jubilee Radio transmits on Frequency Modulation (FM) 105.6 with 24 by 7 broadcasting. Our new digital, state of the art and modern radio equipment was directly imported from DB Eletronica, Padova – Italy.
The technical setup includes a mast on Virika hill near to the Bishop’s House complete with the transmitter and standby generator rooms; and a broadcasting house on plot 6A, Mugurusi Road in the heart of Fort Portal town, that houses two studios (production and on-air), offices, a control room, and a newsroom.
Jubilee Radio is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of 10 members to ensure good planning, competent marketing and consistent growth of the radio.
Our weekday programs include among others:
– Kyanganuka (Early morning inspirational program) – 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
– Koran’amaani (Mid-morning program urging the listener to work hard and provide for his/her family) – 10:00 .am. to 1:00 p.m.
– Tigabag’omu (an afternoon program sharing business ideas and discussing the truth) – 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
– World News (Current news around the world) – 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
– Sports News (Current news in the sports world) – 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
– KisoonaBazaana (An entertaining yet educative and informative evening drive program) – 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
– Culture and Family (A program on issues and information on Culture and the family with a Christian touch) – 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
– MuhumuzaMutima (“Conforter of the soul” is a pastoral/spiritual program to inspire the suffering, hopeless and downtrodden members of society)
Our weekend programs on Saturdays include:
– Weekend Inspirations (Program inspiring the listener to work hard, excel and attain success in life) – 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
– Uganda Today (“EnsiYaitu” program about current news, events and issues happening in Uganda) – 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
– Youth Forum (Program treating issues and challenges facing the modern youth with inspiring examples of successful fellow youth) – 12p.m. to 2p.m.
– Sports News – 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
– Tukwataniye (A program in Lubwisi inviting families to work together and solve issues affecting them) – 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
– Weekly News headlines (A program reviewing news that made headlines in the week) – 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
– Farmers’ Forum (A program focussing on development of families through agriculture and animal husbandry, the importance of cooperatives and sustainable environment) – 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
– Jubilee Dance Volt (An entertainment musical program meant especially for the relaxation of hardworking listeners)– 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
– Muhumuza Mutima – 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Our weekend programs on Sundays include:
– Tumuhaise (A spiritual pastoral program with religious teachings and music to inspire the listener to go to church for prayers and worship) – 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
– Omw’iramizo (A live Mass or Service program meant for the home bound and travellers) – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
– Little Flowers (A children’s program for teaching and advice) – 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
– Request Plate (Choice of listeners of their preferred music) – 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
– Sunday Shelter (A gospel show program inviting the listener to find shelter in God accompanied by international gospel music of R&B, Hip Hop, Country and Rock Music) – 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
– Golden Times (Music entertainment reviewing the history and past generations of music) – 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
– MuhumuzaMutima – 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Media institutions with whom there is regular collaboration:
– Radio Sapientia, Kampala
– Guide Radio, Kasese
– Radio Maria, Kampala, Hoima, Mbarara, Kabale
Board of Directors:
– Eng. Silver Kaija (Chairman)
– Fr. Joseph Musana (Secretary)
– Fr. Charles Oyo (Member)
– Fr. Venansio Busobozi (Member)
– Bro. Lawrence Mugisa Rusoke (Member)
– Sr. Specioza Kabahuma (Member)
– Mr. Edward Basaliza (Member)
– Mr. Charles Byanyima Kulibanza (Member)
– Mr. Andrew Tibeyalirwa (Member)
List of staff:
Rev. Fr. Joseph Musana (Managing Director)
Ms Nyakato Sylvia (Finance Administration)
Mr. Musiimenta Kenneth (Programmes Director/Traffic)
Mr. Patrick Lucky(Acting News Editor)
Ms Rita Kobusinge (Presenter & News Anchor)
Mr. John Byamukama (Acting Production Manager)
Mr. Kabeya (Chief Technician)
Presenters, Moderators, Reporters and News Anchors